Jesus taught us that deep and lasting happiness comes from being right with God. He said we are blessed, or happy, when we are:
- Poor in Spirit- recognizing our desperate need for God.
- Mourning- realizing the awfulness of sin and being genuinely sorry for it.
- Meek- demonstrating self-control, even when we are mistreated.
- Hungry and thirsty for righteousness- longing to be holy and pure.
- Merciful- showing mercy to others, just as God shows mercy to us.
- Pure in heart- being single minded and sincere in our devotion to Christ.
- Peacemakers- sharing the peace Christ offers, and promoting peace with one another.
- Persecuted- being willing to suffer for Jesus' sake.I
not on what you have!